Tuesday, July 9, 2013

1 Month Down

047045042

I don’t feel like rearranging the pics, so we’re going backwards in time…
On Friday the day after 4th of July, Brian suggested a family picnic at a park we’ve never been to in Albany.  Such a great park!  The kids basically ignored the playground but loved the creek flowing through.  It was full of ducks and even a lot of cute little ducklings.  I wanted to pet one so bad!

039

On Independence day I took the kids (yes, all 4!) to watch the city’s parade.  Short, but sweet.  The best part is gathering all the candy. Smile  I got this picture of the kids, then chided Brennan for looking so unhappy.  So he gave me this one below.

040

And Kieran.  Sweet, sweet Kieran.  I can’t believe it’s been a month already.  Tomorrow he’ll be 5 weeks in fact.  Kieran’s gaining predictability.  Currently, he sleeps 3-4 hours at a time at night and usually goes back to sleep after eating.  He takes a nice solid morning nap allowing me to shower and what not.  And he’s also predictably fussy at night from about 8-11pm.  My other kids did this too.  I’m not sure why.  I wouldn’t say he has colic per se, but it’s definitely regular fussiness.  Since it’s supposed to peak around 6 weeks of age, I can handle it for another week or two.  It’s tiring to spend those hours trying to keep him happy-ish and not full-out crying, but at least he isn’t full-out-crying/nothing-you-can-do-about-it.

In the mornings between his last night sleep and next nap is his happiest.  And boy is he happy.  I kid you not, he started smiling around 2 weeks old.  Asher did the same.  It’s the most precious thing.  He looks into our faces and his eyes light up and he flashes a small smile.  I’ve noticed that he loves to watch my eyebrows especially.  With my dark-haired brows offering a big contrast to my light skin, I exaggerate my movements and Kieran is just enthralled.  Today he gave a sound that almost sounded like a baby’s laugh as he watched my eyebrows and gave an early smile.
Kieran’s acne may be clearing up a little.  I’m trying some different things.  Poor baby.  His teen years will probably be every awkward if baby acne has any relation to later acne.

038031011008007006005004

Everybody always asks who Kieran looks like.  The answer is: Brennan.  And Asher.  And Hollyn.  My goodness but our babies do all have “a look”.  See if you can guess who's who.  The ever changing assortment of furniture may help ;-)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
1
034
2
2012-5 8
3
Asher March 2008 007
4
Brennan profile
5
017
6
027
7
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
8
Asher January 2008 025
9
2013-06-25 08.21.35
10
2012-5 10
11
DVC00042
12
Brennan.6weeks
13

1 comment:

Devon Parmenter said...

Well, Kieran is wearing that striped shirt in most of them, but about the others, no idea.
I've actually been to that part in Albany. The one near the stake center, right? It's got that funny dock thing.