Sunday, January 22, 2017

The other night after little ones had been put to bed, I began dozing on the couch.  I sleepily told Brennan and Asher it was their time for bed as well and then proceeded to fully fall asleep.

At some wee hour of the morning I got up to relocate to my bed and as I arose I looked at the living room and thought to myself that I hadn't realized Brennan had done such a good job when I'd asked him to tidy the room earlier.

Hours later when I got up for reals and was getting littles ready for the day I noticed a slip of paper on the floor of the living room in Brennan's writing that said RBRBRF. I laughed at our current joke.  See, recently when Brennan was helping me clean the living room when it was only slightly messy we'd come up with this acronym to describe the phenomenon of our living room's messyness level which, like a wildfire,  gets "Really Big Really Bad Really Fast".  We like to recite it as fast as possible and I'd said it when I'd asked him to clean the room the night before. His note in the clean room was amusing.

Well it gets better.  It turns out that the reason I hadn't noticed how well he'd cleaned the room before my "nap" was because he hadn't. Instead of dealing with RBRBRF, he'd helped Asher with his homework, which was to play a game I think, and I was too distracted getting the little ones to bed to notice or remember. What he HAD done is sneak downstairs while I was asleep and quietly clean the room then. Ha! My little cobblers elf!

But, it gets EVEN better.  Tonight I was like,  "Hey Brennan,  remember that one time (it was 2 nights ago , lol) I fell asleep on the couch and you cleaned the room right next to me and I didn't even notice?" As we laughed at my obliviousness, Brennan casually shared that when he'd seen one of my shoes on the floor, having fallen off my foot, he'd come up and very carefully removed the other one FROM MY FOOT and put them away.

We laughed so hard. He is so funny/considerate/cool.  And I apparently was VERY tired.

No comments: