Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 2017




 Brennan had a band concert





I accidentally made these kinda cute invites. I knew with last minute advertising for the activity, I'd have to step up my game a little. I decided to get these little forks to attach. Turns out they only came with the plates... and I didn't want to be wasteful! So, I put the plates to use.


 Ward party



 For this 4th grade invention convention, Asher's invented the kid-friendly allergy mask. Basically, masks, decorated in fun ways, for allergen-struggling kids to wear when the interact with pets.




 My new favorite sweater.


It's just not right for Corvallis to get this cold!


Progressive dinner sing-along




The entire Linus Pauling Middle School earned a field trip to an OSU Women's BBall game. It sounded like exactly the type of trip for me to chaperone! So much fun!


 As usual, the Underwater Audio Christmas party was a huge success! Also as usual, my family somehow dominated winning all the prizes: from candy-in-a-jar counting, to ugly sweater contest (I didn't even try! Mine won most traditional), to the coloring contest... And there was a talent show we participated in, Brennan and I playing a horn duet and Asher played the piano. Plus the kids all receive gifts from the Walkers. In the end, including taking home gear from the meal I'd helped prepare, the back of my car was filled to the ceiling!



 It would be so much better if Hollyn was wearing her glasses, but she loved getting her doll, which she named "Holly Jr".





 I didn't really take any photo's at Hannah and Keaton's wedding or reception, but for these two:

Asher drawing his treasure map for Brennan







 I don't think the following video will play unless I go through the process of downloading onto computer, opening in Movie Maker, and re-uploading it online. It's a neussance, but I'm putting this copy here to remind me some time to do that.


We loved staying in Idaho to spend Christmas with the Stevensons! As a really special and generous treat, we were able to drive down to SLC to visit Temple Square and see the lights with Barry and Judi, plus Greg and Peter and their families. Miserably cold, but beautifully wonderful!







I guess it could be worse than 23 in Corvallis.


 Before heading back to Idaho, we visited the Church History Museum, which is the one center we hadn't caught last August. What a fun place! My kids were bummed when it was time to go and they hadn't gotten to see some of spots they most liked last time, like the Christus and the Family History Museum. I guess we'll have to go back! The kids really love Temple Square. It's like better than OMSI!





 

We were definitely dreaming of this white Christmas!
And fun bonus: check out Kieran's hair!


No comments: