Sunday, November 5, 2017

Going Backwards


I left off in July and am a little intimidated to cover all our fun August adventtures. So I'm going to go backwards from our most recent fun. :-)










I actually snapped these before a Halloween party a couple weeks before Halloween, and nothing on the day of (except one of Brennan). Sadly Hollyn's costume was better day of, but oh well.


Brennan is Scott Sterling from the recurring Studio C sketch; Asher is a Rich Guy (his ultimate dream in life); Hollyn is a 50s girl; Kieran a skelaton.


This year was the first time since Brennan started school that Halloween was a on a school day. Our district holds conferences the last Wed-Fri of October, so Halloween tends to fall on those days or a weekend. I think once they even put conferences in the beginning of the week. Not this year though. Wouldn't have been so bad except the schools don't allow costumes, and then the downtown trick-or-treating was held primarily during school time (whereas other places moved theirs to Saturday). By the time Brennan got home at almost 4:30, and costumed up, we made it downtown in time for some free ice cream at Dairy Queen, and then headed back home. After a quick dinner, Brian came over for the kids. He took them first to the church's trunk-or-treat, where I also went to pass out candy. Then he took them back around the neighborhoods and I went to community band. I didn't even decorate the porch this year - it was a kind of off year Halloween-wise. And even though I love the holiday, it was kind of nice to be more lazy about it.

T and I did get in a quick picture before our nightly walk too.



Last night after I got home from Time Out For Women, T came by to play some board games with us. He was a good sport to play Speak Out even though he didn't know Brennan was taking his picture. ;-)



Settling in for some BYU-TV


3 comments:

Laura said...

Is Brennan supposed to look like he's in pain?

Kelly said...

I finally caught up. I love all the posts of all the fun. You really look like you are super mom! I want your energy.
Love the notes from TOFW - kind of sad I missed it but super enjoyed my quiet Saturday.

Kelly said...

PS - T doesn't look at all like I remember from that one Sunday at church with you.