Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Little Rosie

So, Hollyn had an interesting Christmas holiday.  The day before, Saturday, she developed a rash that quickly spread over her entire body, from head to toe.  Christmas day it was even worse and Brian and I were wracking our brains trying to figure out what she could be allergic to.  Would the somewhat new detergent get her entire face like that?  Was it the soy formula, which I've already been suspicious of because Hollyn has been sick more than well since early October when the formula usage increased, or maybe the milk formula which I hadn't used since she was a month old because it seemed to correlate with some eczema.  Ugh!  I tried removing the milk one day, the soy and next, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what could be getting her reacting this way.



Well, the Dr. was finally back in today, and along with everyone else in the entire county, we managed to get an appointment.  Turns out it's not an allergic reaction at all.  Little Hollyn is a victim of the apparently very common Roseola virus.  Sheesh.  So many hours of sleep wasted in needless worrying.

No comments: